• One doctor who has been recommending Earthing to his patients for nearly 10 years said this: “The first feedback I usually hear from patients who just started Earthing is, ‘best sleep I’ve had in years.’”
• “I am 58 years old and using my Earthing sheet for a little over one month. In that time, my sleep patterns have improved dramatically. I sleep at least 8 hours without waking up, something I have not experienced in a number of years. In addition, I feel much calmer, my blood pressure has come down, and I no longer need sleep aids of any kind. I fractured my ankle several months ago, and there was still a lot of stiffness, pain, and swelling. One week after starting to sleep grounded, the ankle felt good enough so I could return to the gym. Now it seems to be 100 percent. I can ride a bike, use the elliptical, and jog without any discomfort.”
• “I started to sleep grounded about three months ago. The first thing I noticed was that I was waking up much earlier in the morning, and was wide awake and ready to get up.
“During the day my energy levels were incredibly improved. Looking back on my life I seem to have been ‘tired’ a lot of the time, but now I have energy. Over the last few years I have had chronically painful feet and swollen ankles. This has gone and my ankles are back to normal. And on my legs, over the years, I’ve had lumps like moles (I call them carbuncles). These are now ‘shrinking.’
“I now have a feeling of being ‘in tune’ with the Earth. When I first heard about Earthing I knew instinctively at once how important it was. Thanks to earthing I am fitter and healthier now than I have ever been.”
• “As I have gotten older I have begun to experience age-related things like brain fog, difficulty in dropping excessive weight, and most unexpectedly, not sleeping well. Better nutrition and higher intensity weight resistance exercises effectively addressed the first two problems, but I was having difficulty finding a solution to getting good, sound sleep. I tried many methods, short of taking drugs, but nothing worked. It was extremely frustrating. I never had difficulty sleeping before.
“I decided to try grounding, despite a healthy dose of skepticism. The first night grounded, I slept as though I had taken some kind of sleeping pill. I slept through the night and deeper than I had in years. I was stunned by the result. I experienced the same thing the next night and it continued in the ensuing nights.”
• “I fall asleep so much faster now, get much more restful sleep, and have tons of energy during the day. Sleeping grounded also helped me reset my clock and now I go to sleep earlier, wake up earlier, and feel way more rested. I recently ran a 100k (66-mile) ultramarathon called the Chimera 100, one of the toughest 100k races. Though I suffered some stomach issues out on the course that really beat me up, I slept grounded and, once I stopped running, stayed barefoot the rest of the day. I was barely sore the next day and two days out I was fine.”
•“I’m not sleeping with the CPAP machine anymore (Note: CPAP stands for Continuous Positive Airway Pressure, and is a bedside medical device widely used for conditions associated with disturbed breathing, such as sleep apnea, heart failure, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.) I was diagnosed with sleep hypoxia, rather than apnea per se—shallow breathing. The Earthing sheet has improved that as well as lessening the severity of irritable bowel flare-ups.”
•“I read a book called “Earthing” and I would say it has changed my life significantly. As suggested in the book, I have made a conscious effort to make more direct contact with the EARTH − either by barefooting it or sitting on the ground. I am sleeping so well it is downright scary! Last night −7 1/2 hours without even going to the bathroom! I haven’t had one of those little sleep-aids in a month now. Besides that, the inflammation in my body in the form of aches and pains in the arthritic areas has been greatly reduced. I have become a true believer in this theory.”
• “I’ve never really had trouble sleeping in the past. I can just about sleep standing up! Now we are sleeping on the grounded sheet and I get to sleep much sooner without thinking about it. I still wake to go to the toilet once a night but no trouble getting back to sleep and the sleep in between feels like a better quality, deeper sleep. Also I’m not disturbing my partner anymore and she sleeps through me getting in and out of bed. I noticed when I got out of bed during the night on the first night of being earthed that my lower back muscles were not clenched and I stood straight upright without stretching and no pain. Wow.” (Australia)
• “I now have been grounded indoors for about a month. At first I found sleep even worse than before, but I decided to keep going and see what happens. I read in the Earthing book to drink more water. I know I do not drink enough water so started drinking more than before. Well I now sleep well most nights for the first time is 20 years. I have more energy, and feel better in many areas of my health. I have stopped having cramps which I had been having for some years even though I was taking magnesium daily. I have always been healthier in the summer and I thought it was because I loved the warm weather, now I know it was because I go barefoot all the time in the summer, even though so many people told me to put my shoes on all my life am now glad I did not listen. I am in my 70’s and still work a full day, gardening and taking care of my dogs.” (Australia)
• From a man in Australia: “For years I suffered chronic insomnia, caused mainly by ongoing gut trouble. Nothing helped. When I started sleeping grounded on a grounding sheet, however, my sleep began to improve. The improvement was very slow at first; just one good sleep in the first week. In the next three weeks the sleep varied, sometimes good, sometimes disrupted and restless. After a month the good sleeps began to be a regular occurrence – every two or three days, but with a few hours’ sleep even on the bad nights. After three months I was sleeping fairly regularly. Now after two years, my insomnia has vanished. Of course, I have to get up about once a night, but that is probably average for most 53 year-olds. It has to be the sheet, as I made no major changes to diet, lifestyle or routine during this period.”
• From a dentist in Maine: “Patients now using the sheets report almost universal positive response, some of them quite remarkable. Cessation of snoring is one that has created a lot of gratitude from partners involved and everyone’s snoring is much improved or eliminated.”
• From a woman in Michigan: “I’m doing well – sleeping well, no joint or heel pain now, no urinary problems, and my blood pressure is lower consistently – still take hypertension medicine, but a lowered dose – from 20 mg to 10 mg! My husband sleeps well, too, and now rarely snores, and when he does snore, it’s a fraction of the volume from prior to grounding. The snoring didn’t improve right away, but it’s come gradually.”
• “I slept VERY soundly last night for the first time in a very, very long time. My husband says that I did not snore, either, which seems to be another milestone. It was the second night that the grounding contraption has been on our bed. Could it possibly work that fast? I don’t know whether my husband snored last night because I slept so soundly without waking up at all.”
For more on snoring relief, click here.