Click to jump to: Earthing Studies | Earthing Scientific Commentaries | Earthing Institute Statements | Matteo Tavera
The pursuit of scientific validation for Earthing began with Clint Ober's initial question in 1998 of whether direct connection with the Earth could have an impact on health and whether separation from the Earth―such as by wearing insulative shoes―could contribute to unwellness.
The research that followed has produced fascinating evidence demonstrating that Earthing generates a powerful and positive shift in the electrical state of the body and restores natural self-healing and self-regulating mechanisms.
We know that Earthing allows a transfer of electrons (the Earth’s natural, subtle energy) into the body. We know that inflammation is caused by free radicals and that free radicals are neutralized with electrons from any source. Electrons are the source of the neutralizing power of antioxidants.
In the Earthing studies, as well as the feedback from thousands of individuals who have grounded themselves, we have consistent evidence of people whose pain was reduced. Such reduction of pain is evidence (but not proof) that inflammation is reduced. However, the studies point clearly in that direction.
The institute hopes that evidence collected to date will inspire researchers with the financial resources to perform large studies to further clarify the benefits of Earthing.
- Earthing (Grounding) the Human Body Reduces Blood Viscosity—a Major Factor in Cardiovascular Disease | View
- Earthing: Health Implications of Reconnecting the Human Body to the Earth's Surface Electrons | View
- Emotional Stress, Heart Rate Variability, Grounding, and Improved Autonomic Tone: Clinical Applications | View
- Earthing the Human Body Influences Physiologic Processes | View
Chronic Disease: Are We Missing Something? (Editorial) | View
- Pilot Study on the Effect of Grounding on Delayed-Onset Muscle Soreness | View
- Changes in Pulse Rate, Respiratory Rate, Blood Oxygenation, Perfusion Index, Skin Conductance, and Their Variability Induced During and After Grounding Human Subjects for 40 Minutes | View
- The Effect Of Earthing On Human Physiology, Part 2 | View
- The Effect Of Earthing On Human Physiology, Part 1 | View
- The Effectiveness of a Conductive Patch and a Conductive Bed Pad in Reducing Induced Human Body Voltage Via the Application of Earth Ground | View
- The Biologic Effects of Grounding the Human Body During
Sleep as Measured by Cortisol Levels and Subjective Reporting
of Sleep, Pain, and Stress | View
- Medical Thermography Case Studies | View
- Gaetan Chevalier, Ph.D., The Earth’s Electrical Surface Potential
A summary of present understanding | View
- James Oschman, Ph.D., Can Electrons Act as Antioxidants? A Review and Commentary | View
- James Oschman, Ph.D., Charge transfer in the living matrix | View
- James Oschman, Ph.D., Perspective: Assume a spherical cow:
The role of free or mobile electrons in
bodywork, energetic and movement therapies | View
Earthing Institute Statements
- Understanding Earthing (Grounding) | View
- Matteo Tavera, Sacred Mission | View